Jeremy Hackett, cofounder and chairman of Hackett London, is considered by many to be an elegant man and rightly so. Here are a few style tips we can learn from the man who calls himself Mr Classic :
– Keep it simple: Gray flannel, navy and gray chalkstripe, beige and navy cotton suits, chinos and blazer. These are the essentials you need.
– A light blue dress shirt works with almost every suit.
– You cannot go wrong with classic goodyear welted shoes made by Alden, Crockett & Jones or Weston (Jeremy Hackett is a self confessed fan of the French shoemaker).
– You actually can go out of your house without sporting a pocketsquare.– Get a Navy tie be it repp silk, twill or grenadine ASAP.
– You can wear cuffs (note the horizontal stripes on the cuffs) even if you are under 180cm/5″10. You can probably wear a pair of black derby shoes. With A Suit.
– Get a nice haircut.– Don’t take yourself too seriously or at least pretend not to.– This is probably the biggest watch you can wear with a suit without looking like a tasteless punk (please read Premiership footballer).
FYI: Jeremy Hackett’s tailor is Italian.
Source: Google Images.